Welcome to Plattekill Mountain!
Located in the Northwest Catskills of New York, Plattekill is the last family-owned and operated mountain in the region.
We pride ourselves in offering a unique, family atmosphere that you just won’t find at todays large, corporate resorts. With just one visit, you’ll experience what makes Plattekill’s laid-back, authentic, “independent vibe” feel, so different.
Choose from 39 trails (one new trail added this winter) and discover 2 mile long beginner cruisers and steep double black diamonds with 1100′ of vertical drop. We describe it as ‘big mountain terrain and small mountain charm’. There truly is something for everyone.
The January, 2019 Sunday NY Times quoted “25 years later, the scrappy, indie mountain is thriving” and December, 2018 Powder Magazine described Plattekill as “The Alta of the Catskills.” For those accolades, we say thank you.
We hope you come visit us this winter and experience for yourself what makes a day at Plattekill Mountain… so special.
– Yours in Snow,
The Plattekill Family
The improvements keep on coming here at Plattekill and the upcoming season is no exception! It’s been a busy summer!!! Here’s what’s new:
- We’ve significantly widened our most popular “Powder Puff” beginner trail to allow beginners more room to make those beginner turns down the mountain! We’ve also added all new snowmaking on the trail too so it will be buried in snow this winter season!
- We have added an ALL NEW BEGINNER TRAIL to our network of trails called “Rascal’s Flats” after the mountain dog Rascal. This new beginner trail will provide a wrap around option to “Lower Powder Puff” Trail. Although it won’t have snowmaking this winter, the trail will open on natural cover…fingers crossed!
- The Northface Double Chairllift is getting an all new coat of paint!
- New improvements to the base lodge include new steps to the deck area as well as renovated expanded guestservice/offices.
- We’ve added a new feature to our online webstore shop.plattekill.com that will allow guests to rebook tickets. Plus a new “walk up” kiosk in addition to our “drive up” kiosk where guests can easily check in for tickets, rentals and lessons!
- NEW ski and snowboard rentals added in the rental shop to keep our fleet of rentals with all the latest equipment!