Greetings Plattekill Friends,
Please be aware, that there will be changes in how we operate this year, to ensure a safe environment for all our guests and staff. We have created this COVID page to outline our new policies and guidelines relating to operations with the pandemic and within our different departments. Your understanding and compliance will ensure a great, safe season for us all. SKI WELL, BE WELL. Let’s work together to be the reason we have a season. We look forward to seeing you all!
*** PLEASE FAMILIARIZE YOURSELF with these changes:
1. Please limit time spent in the lodge to eat/warm up to 1/2 hour at a time to allow for others to have time to break with the same limits in place. We ask those who are not skiing/riding to please not sit in the lodge for any extended period.
2. No storing of personal gear (boot bags, storage bags, food/picnic baskets) etc. in the lodge at tables or in storage cubbies. Any/all items brought into the lodge must be for immediate use and then kept/stored in your car until needed.
3. Please boot up/gear up in your car if at all possible instead of inside the lodge to allow for more spacing inside the lodge.
4. Please maintain social distance at all times while in the lodge, around the base area and in lift lines/getting on the lift.
5. MASK UP! Masks will be required anytime you are in the base lodge or near the base area, while getting on/off lifts and during all lessons. The only exception is when seated to eat/drink at a table and while you are independently skiing or riding.
6. Please ride the lift with people you came with, or plan to ride single.
7. All of our staff will be following CDC guidelines and NYS recommendations and we ask all our guest to follow as well. Employees will receive daily wellness checks to ensure they are healthy and symptom-free.
PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE MOUNTAIN IF YOU ARE FEELING ILL. FOR THE SAFETY OF EVERYONE. LETS HAVE A SEASON. THANK YOU!
10.18.20 —> New York State guidance on Winter Season STATE PRESS RELEASE
Please see changes below that we will be implementing across our departments for the season:
- ONLINE TICKETING: Lift tickets will ALL be sold online this year to control capacity limitations as necessary and allow us to quickly implement any changes as needed. You will have the option to purchase tickets at the mountain, BUT only thru the online system and if tickets are still available based on capacity levels. HINT: earlier you buy, the better the guarantee!
If you or anyone in your group is experiencing covid-19 symptoms we will work with you to reschedule your booked date to another day OR provide a voucher(s) good for the 2021/22 season. There are NO REFUNDS for any online (ticket/rental/lesson) purchases.
Season Passholders: Season passes will also be sold online. All season passes and related season products will be available for pickup on arrival to the mountain at the start of the season. Please follow instructions when purchasing to get us all the requested information. Passholders will be given priority access to the mountain everyday of the season. If we are limited in capacity, daily tickets will be sold according to the number of passholders on the mountain. Passholder advance reservations will not be required and passholders can go direct to lifts.
- ONLINE RENTALS: Rentals will ALL be sold online and will require renters to fill out their form in advance so we have your equipment ready for you on your arrival.
Season rentals are highly recommended to eliminate multiple visits to the rental shop as the equipment is yours to take for the season. Also, limited number of guests allowed in the rental shop may cause the process to take longer than previous years. Seasonal rentals also eliminate the use of shared equipment.
- SKI & SNOWBOARD LESSONS: Advance reservations will also be REQUIRED for lessons, so it will be best to reserve as early as you can for lessons. Availability and a link to our online booking system will be operating shortly. We will start off with private/semi-private and private family group lessons. We hope to open up additional group/kids package lessons as the season progresses based on what sizes those classes can be. All students in lessons will be required to wear face coverings at all times. Instruction staff will also be wearing face coverings during lessons.
Season Racing and Jr Development Programs: These season-long programs will be offered this year on a limited basis. Please visit our Seasonal Programs page for further details/links to sign up.
- FOOD & BEVERAGE SERVICE: We are going to offer food and beverage outside on our deck (starting Dec 26) as well as inside this year to help spread out capacity, limit indoor access and provide an alternative outlet. Deck heaters, firepits and perimeter wind protection, will help to keep guests as warm as we can outdoors. Indoor seating will be arranged to allow for social distancing. We will ask guests to keep their belongings in their vehicles ( boot bags, food and beverages) when not needed and ask that you please limit breaks and your time in the lodge.
- LIFTS: Guests who come together will be asked to ride together on lifts. We will ask that if you don’t have someone to ride with, then ride the lift single! Face coverings required on lift lines, loading lifts and where social distance can’t be maintained.
Plattekill is currently working with the National Ski Areas Association to establish “Best Practices” we all can take to keep our community strong. SKI WELL, BE WELL. Let’s work together to be the reason we have a season.
Outdoor recreation, including skiing and snowboarding, is proven to improve mental and physical health of participants. “Research is showing that being outside in a mountain environment can boost our immune systems as well as our mental health and well-being,” says Florence Williams, author of The Nature Fix: How Being in Nature Can Make us Happier, Healthier, and More Creative.